What are the Symptoms of Thyroid Cancer?
Thyroid is a very small and important gland of our body which is situated at the base of our neck region, just below the Adam’s apple. It is a butterfly shape gland and controls the production of thyroid hormones in our body. This hormone regulates various functions of our body, such as:
- Blood pressure
- Body temperature
- Heart rate
- Body weight
Thyroid gland is the part of endocrine system which produce, releases and separates different hormones of in our body. This article gives an insight of the symptoms of
This cancer was not common in the United States, but now slowly the rate of this disease is increasing and the main reason observed for this increased rate is the food eating habits of the Americans.
does not cause any signs or symptoms during the early stage of the disease. As it grows it causes:
- A lump which can be felt under the skin of your neck
- Changes in your voice and increasing hoarseness
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Pain in your throat and neck
- Swollen lymph nodes at the neck region. This shows that your body’s immune system is fighting hard with foreign bodies and unwanted development inside the body.
- Formation of nodule structure in the neck area
- Nervousness and irritation is seen in people suffering from this cancer.
- Patient tend to sweat a lot with high rate of heart beating
- The skin of the patient becomes very thin and skinny during the later stage of the disease.
- Unintended loss of weight and sometimes gain of weight as well
- Diarrhea or frequent bowel movement is common sign as well
- Change of taste, mood swings, deafness and impaired memory are other symptoms to add the list
If you observe any of these symptoms during any kind of disease diagnosis, do have a through thyroid check up done immediately. Surgery can remove the smaller malignant cells at the initial stage very easily, which leads to excellent prognosis.